Monday, May 10, 2010

Hwk 54

Myers-Briggs Test:
Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
Sensing (S) 55.56% Intuitive (N) 44.44%
Feeling (F) 52.78% Thinking (T) 47.22%
Judging (J) 60% Perceiving (P) 40%

Your type is: ESFJ

ESFJ - "Seller". Most sociable of all types. Nurturer of harmony. Outstanding host or hostesses. 12.3% of total population.

By taking this survey I was able to figure out details about my self that I don't pay close attention to. I agree with my results in all categories; most of them are around the 50/50 breaking point because I feel like i'm the type of person who can have two sides to me depending on my mood and the place I am in. I feel like I can be outgoing and socially confident on some days, while on others I like to sit back and stay to my self. I can be pretty sensing at times since I am influenced by my emotions. When it comes to feeling and thinking, I would say I refer to my feeling more than my thinking. That's because I like to go with what makes me feel comfortable and this is why I follow my feeling. If something does not feel right for me, then chances are I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I'm not too sure about the judging vs. perceiving category because I feel like it depends on the environment I am in and what I am experiencing at the time. I found it surprising that only 12.3% of the total population has the same results as me. It makes me feel unique :)

When receiving the results from this test, one is able to figure out the type of category they fit in as a human being. Since the test is split up into different categories, I feel like the results for some categories are a bit more accurate than the other ones. There are some categories that many people can predict on their own as well. For example when looking at the first category which is between one being extroverted or introverted, it is easy to tell which person fits which one. When someone is very loud and social you can tell that they are extroverted. While when someone is quiet and keeps to themselves, they will be able to fit the introverted category perfectly. This can help you determine how many relationships you may be open to. If someone results as an extroverted character, they will more likely have a lot more relations with friends and family members, if you are resulted as introverted then you will only have close relations with a few. There are times when we look at someone and think they may have resulted higher in a certain category, when in reality it’s the opposite. For example, it is not very easy to predict if someone is judging or perceiving. That’s because it is not easily seen from the outside view. You either have to be very close with them, or be that person to know. At the end of the day, we should just all learn to “celebrate the differences.”

Big Five Test:
I wanted to take this test, but the page is not opening on my computer :/

No comments:

Post a Comment