Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hwk 9

Remy…

Thanks for having honest opinions about my post; they will definitely help me for next time. You pointed out that I should talk about these issues on others, but what was more helpful was that you said that everyone feels weird when looking at a video of themselves. Next time we do a video project I will remember to keep that in mind.
While writing my post and creating my video, I was trying to focus on how I feel like I am a totally different person when I look at myself using DRDs. Without it I feel like it gives me a new identity. But technology keeps getting better and better, and we all need it in our lives either for our entertainment or to keep our jobs and keep our grades up in school. Even though I feel like a different person when I am using these devices, I know that it is hard to live without them because for me they control my future and determine where I will end up later on in life.
When looking at our videos posted up online, we feel weird, like we are looking not at ourselves, rather someone else. We both can’t seem to live without DRDs but we should not waste all our time on it either.
Looking at both of our comments we have a lot of similar ideas. Technology is going to keep existing generation after generation, and it’s going to keep getting better year after year. We all need to learn how to manage our time using these devices.
It was nice reading your thoughts on my post, till next time.

Amber M.

Andrew,

It’s ok for this time, but please post sooner next time I like how you relate to many of the ideas I have and elaborate on them. It really shows that we are both on the same page here. We both seem to zone out while using these devices but by some distraction we come back to life again.
It helps me when you say that I need to talk more about how multi tasking with 2 devices can differ from using just one. Also, you pointed out that I should elaborate on how the use of DRDs will make us depend on them in the future later on. I think that this is already taking place right now, don’t you think so?
I was focused on how I look and feel while I was creating this video for our homework assignment. I wanted my readers to put themselves in my position and feel the way I was feeling at the time so that they would really be able to understand all my thoughts and ideas throughout my post. You point out that I should expand more on how all of this will impact our future. I will keep that in mind for next time, even though I feel like I talked about it a little.
It looks like we both stand in the same place here, but we both want to know how this will change our future. Will we be depending on it more later on, because I feel like we already do that today? I guess we will have to wait to answer this question…
Both of us seem to be really interested in this topic and want some answers soon. I think that all of the answers depend on our experiences which lead us into our own thoughts and ideas. How do you feel that our experiences lead to how we interpret this whole concept?
Till next time,

Amber M.

No comments:

Post a Comment