Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hw 5

Remy,

I appreciate your thoughts and feelings about my blog post. You really seem to understand the point I am trying to come across.

It is very helpful that you included your own thoughts about my post, and this helps me think beyond them. Also, I guess the way I write may seem a bit confusing to others like you, so I will try to fix that for next time.

I was trying to focus on more about how the digital/electronic media has changed our society and if we can try to challenge ourselves into living without it for a day. I disagree, even though you are not always forced to use such materials, at times you come across situations where you are not able to avoid the electronic media. For example if your job is in near Times Square, you have to walk through the streets filled with digital/electronic media to get to work. Or you may blind fold yourself when walking through Times Square but that would not be such a great idea.

I think you tend to talk more about how we use digital electronic media for pleasure, where as I talk about it based on survival and looking at alternatives.

Both of us seem to ask questions that cannot be answered until they are tested out; for example let’s try to live without the digital/electronic media that surrounds us now days. How will it change the way we think right now?

Andrew,

I appreciate your kind words about my blog post. I think you really enjoyed learning about my thoughts on this topic.

It helps me a lot when you included your own thoughts feelings, and questions about what you read. This helps me out because I like to build off of other peoples questions since it helps me dig deeper into the topic.

I tried to base my thoughts on my own experiences and how to me others seem to mix into this topic of digital/electronic media. After reading your questions I start to think more about where I actually stand in this situation. I haven’t deeply thought about this, but now I am starting to. To be honest I don’t know where I stand exactly, I just seem to be somewhere. I need to start creating an answer to where I stand based on my thoughts and feelings. Right now I hear many things from different people and it interferes with my thoughts because I do not have a right answer.

It looks like I base my thoughts on all of us as a whole like how our community responds to all this. You want to learn more about me as an individual in this situation.

Both of us seem to question ourselves on how if all this is supposed to be a good or a bad thing. When will we be able to get a straight answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment